24 January 2011

day of royalty koala

Sweater - handed down; skirt and boots - thrifted
Everybody was sick, or sick-ish, for the whole first part of the day. My partner was well enough at about Baby J's naptime to resume fixing the brakes on our car (yay transpo) while the kiddo and I took a really, sumptuously, ridiculously long and lovely nap. Hence, day of the royal koala. (They're always sleeping when I see them, plus I hear they can be one bitch  of an animal to deal with.) I know it's a shitty photo, better one to follow at the end of all this.

Everyone seems to be on the mend now, though. We had a couple of good friends over this evening for a bit, and my brother popped in as well. He and I have been having a bit of a passive-aggressive tiff the past day or so, but I think we've sorted it out as best we probably will. (JOKES, y'all. When someone gets their feelings stomped, crapped on, or otherwise wronged in my family, we always resort to jokes.)

I got a little weird having folks over (even though these are truly good people who I get along well with), so I ended up taking tons of pictures and giving Baby J a bath while they were here. Rude, right? Yeah. I feel like a huge asshole. 

Before I discovered sepia tones on my camera. Baby J chasing his uncle.

My brother's socks. He's pretty fierce.

We took this picture for medical purposes. Brother has a stye under his eyelid. It's SUPER GROSS. 

I don't think anyone is identifiable in this photo, so I thought it pretty safe to
 post as proof that I was modestly social! Yes, I love Craisins.

My favorite bag.

This? This is just a banana on a pillow. Enjoy!


We also went to World Market tonight -- we usually go there about once every six months or so, and usually just come out with some strange little whoosit (this time it was a wind-up clownfish) for Baby J and lots of candy. Tonight I tried a ginseng energy beverage that tasted like dirt in a way I quite enjoyed (but then, I like turnips and stuff, too).

In my folks' house, holding said energy beverage.


Also, I'm extending the 10% off at the shop to followers of this blog and/or my tumblr indefinitely. I figure I read your thoughts, too, and you give me lots of happiness I would not otherwise have, so this is just a tiny thank you.

Tomorrow I'm gonna show you my bathroom (dun dun DUN)!

8 comments:

  1. I'm definitely having a good laugh over your animal heads or so i would like to affectionately call them. I also like your bag with the printed/painted doggie head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, the animal heads are hilariously adorable. I'm in love with your brother's eyebrow(s, assuming the other one is the same way). I hate dirt flavors and turnips and the like, but that just means more for you. Remember the Harry Potter jelly beans? My friend gave me a dirt flavored one, I nearly died.
    Oh, and I like your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    Zag - I know it's weird, I know it, but I .... like the dirt-flavored jelly beans. ~dirty secrets~ ;3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for keeping the promo running, that is such a sweet gesture. I love the attitude in the pose with the energy drink and must remember, JOKES<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. World Market has a blood orange soda that is FRICKIN AWESOME. I love it so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. World Market has a blood orange soda that is FRICKIN AWESOME. I love it so hard.

    ReplyDelete