19 January 2011

sickness and thickness


[I threw on the skirt to go out in public, mostly I just lounged in these old Torrid leggings and thrifted sweater all day.]

Today Baby J was a sick pup, so we didn't get too much accomplished besides changing our clothes a bunch.The coconut milk I used in his oatmeal, I think, triggered a bad reaction -- he seems to be good now, sleeping curled up on the couch after eating four fruit popsicles, but it was a rough day full of vomit. I love coconut milk -- it's really delicious and sweet; we've used it before (in scrambled eggs, if you can believe it). so I'm a bit surprised it hurt his wee system so badly. I used it in my coffee this morning and I was just fine, poor kiddo.

Moving on. My partner gave me a break since I was yakked on about five separate times today, and I went out and about with my brother to a hobby store and to seek out toilet paper and Lysol. (Normally we don't use really strong cleaners, but I'm not messing around with disinfecting just in case Baby J's got a stomach bug.) I stocked up on some craft stuff we didn't have and that was half off -- I'm excited to see how the next couple of projects turn out.

When my brother and I get together we really augment our natural levels of genetically-gifted weirdness. It's good, though, since I don't get so anxious in public when I'm with someone else, and being with someone who has almost precisely the same sort of sense of humor as I do is a real bonus. It was the day of the star-nosed mole -- these little creatures are totally bizarre-looking and evidently live in expansive underground colonies, much like my own dear, bizarre-looking family.

The lovely Beej from The Busty Traveler (check our her blog for some truely inspirational DIYness) asked for more photos -- here goes!

I love a hot thing in a pug shirt.

I.... did not wash my hair today. Or yesterday. 

The back'a my shaved head. Needs to be touched up, yes it does.



What the hell is this for?

Truly, I should have bought this.

Funky?

We stopped at the Goodwill and bought some old crappy CDs for fun and profit.

Part of the hobby store haul. GOOGLY EYES!

Fuzzy webcam photo from earlier today, when the pukeness began.

4 comments:

  1. I feel you on being in public with someone else, especially someone who gets it! YAY ALL THESE PICS. Gotta say, I have had googly eyes on my mind lately and it's due to YOUR outfits and their drawings. Also, you should go back immediately for that amazin' ape fuzzy poster! Can't wait to see the projects, and feel better Tiny!

    PS you should start recipe sharing with us. Coconut milk eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit and yay for the star-nosed mole. They do not get enough recognition! Also, I can't remember if I already said this, but your badger was badass.

    Brooke
    prettypennymae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beej - Thanks! Baby J is all better now -- he spent the evening running wild with a houseful of other sprouts. Coconut milk eggs, as I make them, are waaaay simple. Just eggs, about a tablespoon of EVOO per egg used, salt, and then coconut milk in the same amount you might otherwise use cream or dairy milk. I thought they were super yummy -- cooking really tones down the sweetness of the coconut milk, but it still carries through enough to be pretty yum.

    Penny - Thank you too! <3 I'm having so much fun in MS Paint it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you on being in public with someone else, especially someone who gets it! YAY ALL THESE PICS. Gotta say, I have had googly eyes on my mind lately and it's due to YOUR outfits and their drawings. Also, you should go back immediately for that amazin' ape fuzzy poster! Can't wait to see the projects, and feel better Tiny!

    PS you should start recipe sharing with us. Coconut milk eggs?

    ReplyDelete