31 January 2011

to the farm! to the farm!

I am, at heart, a country mouse.

chickens, cats, kids, calves

shotguns up on the hill (I'm a decent shot so far)

summer sausage quiche and sweet tea

yummy winter days

"FAT AND HAPPY"

fat clouds make me happy.

as if they knew, these fat clouds all showed up with blue sky.

these are fat, happy birds.


"chicken river bridge"

the bridge leads to the coop and chicken yard.

these are kids in bamboo.

this is a fat cat, moving quickly, also happy.

tops of the bamboo.

fat mama cow surrounded by 3 fat, happy calves.

another fat, happy tomcat. (he chased Baby J like a friendly dog might.)

i repeat, FAT AND HAPPY.

7 comments:

  1. Yes! My dream is to have a small property & surround myself with animals. Though i'm slightly scared of chickens, i'd love to have some sheep, alpacas & a horse! I was raised to love the land, whilst my boyfriend would much prefer the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: the descriptive phrase "fat and happy": My husband and I like to refer to ourselves as fat and happy, and my husband jokes that it is his job to keep me both fat and happy. So, one day we were joking about it, and he turns to me and asks "are you fat?" We DIED laughing, because he meant to ask "are you happy?" but got the words mixed up since we had been putting fat/happy together so much in our conversations. So, now "are you fat?" is an instant hilarity bringer whenever we are hanging out.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie - It's funny you say that -- I'm much the same, but my own partner would prefer the swamp! (He's a Floridian at heart.)

    Rebecca - LOL! Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yessss, i always buy eggs only from freely walking, organic birds...

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is the way to go if you can -- i'm lucky that i can get eggs from these hens for free from my best fran's mama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is the way to go if you can -- i'm lucky that i can get eggs from these hens for free from my best fran's mama.

    ReplyDelete